Friday, September 4, 2009

The beginning!!

What an unbelieveable adventure!! I'm sorry for my lack of posts so far!! It is difficult to get on the Internet untill we begin school on monday.
I'm sorry if this one is very long, there is just so much to tell!!
I suppose i should start with the beginning. After saying goodbye and passing through the security gate I met a fee students who would be joining me in Viterbo. Some of us sat together an were able to talk. The flight was long and painful but what else should you expect? It wasn't untill alomst the end of the flight that I reaized that our connecting flight left only 45 min after we landed in Germany, great! The 13 of us in the flight ran through the airport much to the ammusment of the Germans and ended up missing out flight because of the many security lines we were forced to wIt through. Absolutely no one would help us get to our flight, which by the way left 10 min early!! The only other flight that we could get on together was at 10:30 that evening which meant being in the airport for 11 hours!! We went crazy!! At least we were all together, I became the leader of the group and was the only person in contact with our director in Italy which truly made me appreciate Stefano our director! He is an amazing man and helped us to arrive in Viterbo safely and easily once we got to Italy in 3 in the morning! ... So that was our traveling expierence. It was nice to be close with the people in the airport!

So far all of the orientations that we have had have been wonderful!! Stefano is a really wonderful Italian man who is our director and helps with anything that we need from going to the doctor to translating with the people around us! The campuses are cool but sort of far away, my classes are going to be amazing and I can't wait to start them! One if our campuses Began as a monistary and has been added to ever since so parts of the ancient walls are still intact and beautifully preserved!! It's wonderful!

Now on to my house!! I live with two other girls the one in my room is also from Chico and is a wonderful little lady!! The girl who lives downstairs is from Boise Idaho, and is very fun!! We all get along beautifully and happily!! We live in the most amazing apartment!! We are on the third floor and our apartment is two stories, the windows that we have open onto the piazza that Is below us. We are the only students here who have an appartment on a piazza, every morning we go down and buy fresh produce from the open stands and bread from the bakery below us!! Everyone on our piazza loves us and enjoys our elementary Italian!! It is so fun trying to communicate with them!!
The students who are here with me are amazing!! We all get along and enjoy the adventure of walking around and figuring out our surroundings.

My battery is going to die so I will write about the festivals and add pictures later! I'm sorry that this is so long, it's just wonderful to finally be able to communicate with everyone! Much love and if you want to call me here in my new number. Type the while thing!! 011.39.333.566.1673
So far facebook, email and responding to my blog will be the best way to reach me because calling me will probably will cost you a ton of money! It won't cost me anything for incoming texts or calls so don't worry about me!

I love you all and I will keep writing about the amazing festivals soon, you won't believe it!!!

I'm sorry if my typing is horrible, it's hard on the Iphone!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Christina! It sounds like you are having a lot of fun. We have a lot of relatives in Boise so you might find out if there is any connections, if she or her family knows any Blaines there. We could also have friends in common.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you would love it! I'm so happy to hear that you arrived safely and are enjoying yourself. I wish I could have come to your going away party, but am glad to know that we can keep in touch through blogging and skype. I love you and can't wait to see pictures!
    -Kels
    ps. DON'T GET MUGGED! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelsey I love you, you're helarious!! I'm sad I didn't get to see you but we'll go on a tres date and I'll tell you all about it!!

    Hey Nona, yeah I had asked her!! She said she didn't think so but she wasn't sure! Ii'm sad I havn't seen you guys in such a long time and nowit's going to be another year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you're having fun! I can't wait to see pictures of your apartment...sounds gorgeous! Good luck with starting your classes. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cioa Bella! Your town and it's people sound lovely! Your posts are very fun and entertaining. I'm happy you sound so happy! Lots of love, XXOO's, Auntie Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenna says:

    I miss you so very much and I want to visit you in Italy. I hope that it is nice in Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love you Jenna and I miss you very very much too!!! You will love my little town and all the cute little puppies that the people have here!!

    I love you Auntie Sandy!! the People here are amazing!!! I am very happy, it's just sort of difficult right now but i know it's going to get better!! : o ) I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete